In this Joomla development tutorial we are moving beyond the basics and background information and starting to focus on actually starting code. We will begin with creating a Joomla plugin. This tutorial will begin the plugin development.
Joomla development can start in a number of places. For ease of understanding, and based on the previous lessons, we will begin our coding portion with a plugin. The Joomla plugin will allow us to get familiar with code style, functions, and database queries before digging deeper into modules and components.
Lesson 6: Starting a Plugin
Previous Posts in Series
- [JD101] Lesson 1: Introduction
- [JD101] Lesson 2: Setting up Development
- [JD101] Lesson 3: Code Versioning & Backup
- [JD101] Lesson 4: Testing
- [JD101] Lesson 5: Basic Joomla