We begin to wrap up our Joomla plugin development portion of our Joomla development tutorial series and start focusing on modules next. In this plugin development post we’ll look at the helper file which can optionally be included with a plugin package.
Please keep in mind that this file is an optional file and can be left out if you wish. I would recommend still including it for ease of use and increasing your codes readability however you are not required to use a helper file.
Lesson 9: Helper PHP
Associated Slides for JD101 Helper PHP
Previous Posts in Series
- [JD101] Lesson 1: Introduction
- [JD101] Lesson 2: Setting up Development
- [JD101] Lesson 3: Code Versioning & Backup
- [JD101] Lesson 4: Testing
- [JD101] Lesson 5: Basic Joomla
- [JD101] Lesson 6: Starting a Plugin
- [JD101] Lesson 7: Plugin XML
- [JD101] Lesson 8: Main PHP