In this Joomla development tutorial we are digging deeper into development of our first Joomla plugin. This tutorial focuses specifically on the XML file which must accompany every plugin.
Joomla extensions all require an XML file to be included in the zipped package. This XML defines basic details of the extension and tells the CMS what to install, where to install it and what parameters to include. The XML file is a critical part of the extension and there are many options to learn and understand. We will cover some of them but not every single configuration. I recommend reviewing the Joomla docs for specifics on any particular function.
Lesson 7: Plugin XML
Associated Slides for JD101 Plugin XML
Previous Posts in Series
- [JD101] Lesson 1: Introduction
- [JD101] Lesson 2: Setting up Development
- [JD101] Lesson 3: Code Versioning & Backup
- [JD101] Lesson 4: Testing
- [JD101] Lesson 5: Basic Joomla
- [JD101] Lesson 6: Starting a Plugin