Joomla Development tutorials continue to expand on the development of our first Joomla module. In this development tutorial we explore the Joomla module XML file and compare it to the plugin XML file we discussed in an earlier tutorial.
Joomla modules provide convenient ways to extend the functionality and purpose of our website by allowing additional content displays to compliment and extend the main content purpose of a page. This short tutorial focuses on the module XML file and the functions and usages for the structure used.
Lesson 11: Module XML
Associated Slides for JD101 Module XML
Previous Posts in Series
- [JD101] Lesson 1: Introduction
- [JD101] Lesson 2: Setting up Development
- [JD101] Lesson 3: Code Versioning & Backup
- [JD101] Lesson 4: Testing
- [JD101] Lesson 5: Basic Joomla
- [JD101] Lesson 6: Starting a Plugin
- [JD101] Lesson 7: Plugin XML
- [JD101] Lesson 8: Main PHP
- [JD101] Lesson 9: Helper PHP
- [JD101] Lesson 10: Plugin Triggers
- [JD101] Lesson 11: Module Structure