Our Joomla development tutorial series continues with a brief look at modules. In this tutorial we will begin exploring the basic usage and functions controlled by a Joomla module.
Joomla modules provide convenient ways to extend the functionality and purpose of our website by allowing additional content displays to compliment and extend the main content purpose of a page. These modules are common to most CMS systems and Joomla provides a robust structure for these modules to be displayed and implemented. This lesson focuses on basic module usage and some of the functions typically handled within a module.
Lesson 11: Module Structure and Functions
Associated Slides for JD101 Module Structure & Functions
Previous Posts in Series
- [JD101] Lesson 1: Introduction
- [JD101] Lesson 2: Setting up Development
- [JD101] Lesson 3: Code Versioning & Backup
- [JD101] Lesson 4: Testing
- [JD101] Lesson 5: Basic Joomla
- [JD101] Lesson 6: Starting a Plugin
- [JD101] Lesson 7: Plugin XML
- [JD101] Lesson 8: Main PHP
- [JD101] Lesson 9: Helper PHP
- [JD101] Lesson 10: Plugin Triggers